Homepage - Contact Us
Costa Rican Recipes
Our delicious Costa Rica recipes are sure to be hits with your friends and family!
From the ever-popular Gallo Pinto made with Lizano Sauce, to delicious Costa Rican dessert recipes, most visitors to the land of Pura Vida come back raving about the healthy, tasty food.
Here are some of the favorite recipes from Costa Rica.
Costa Rican Pork Loin ala Lizano
1 to 2 pounds of Pork Loin
12 ounces of Lizano Salsa
1 clump of fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Chipotle Sauce
1/2 cup of water
Salt and pepper to taste
This delicious recipe was invented by one of the owners of this website! It's like a Costa Rican version of BBQ pulled pork, but much better.
1. Cut the pork loin into 2 or 3 large pieces so it will fit in either a crockpot or stovetop pot.
2. Put the pork loin into the pot along with the garlic, salt, pepper, Lizano, Chipotle Sauce, and half the chopped cilantro.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours in the crockpot, or simmer for 1 to 2 hours on the stovepot (or until fork tender).
4. Garnish with the rest of the fresh cilantro and serve with white rice and black beans.
Gallo Pinto Recipe
2 lb black beans
1 bunch cilantro
1 large onion
4 cups white rice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons oil to fry the Gallo Pinto
2 tablespoons Salsa Lizano
1 tablespoon Habanero Hot Sauce (optional)
This is an easy version of Gallo Pinto, perhaps not quite as authentic as the typical Costa Rican Gallo Pinto but much quicker when you want Tico food in a pinch.
1. Season and cook black beans and simmer.
2. Cook white rice.
3. Chop cilantro and onion into fine pieces.
4. Sauté the rice, beans, onion and cilantro together in vegetable oil for a few minutes. Stir in Salsa Lizano and, if a hotter version is preferred, stir in the Habanero Hot Sauce.
5. Sprinkle with a fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
Costa Rican Iced Coffee
This simple recipe will make you want to brew extra Costa Rican coffee every morning just to have enough left over for an iced coffee.
Note: Makes 1 serving. Increase ingredients as needed.
1 cup Costa Rica coffee
1 cup crushed ice
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
1/2 tablespoon honey (optional)
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (optional)
Stir together coffee, milk, sugar, chocolate and honey until blended. Serve over ice.
Or, for a delicious iced coffee shake, blend all of the mixture and ice in a blender!
Recommended Costa Rican coffees for this recipe:
Dark Roast coffee
Costa Rican Grilled Steak - coming soon